- Junior students entering high school are helped to adjust to life at school with this programme
- Senior students are trained as peer support leaders to work with and support junior students as they start high school
- The peer support programme through group discussion and activities led by senior students helps to develop self confidence, trust and friendship
- The Peer Support Trust provides professional development courses for teachers in the peer support programme
- Courses are run annually throughout the country
- Courses are subsidized by the Peer Support Trust
- Peer Support trainers are practising teachers or have had extensive recent experience in teaching
- The Peer Support Teachers Manual provides comprehensive guidance about how to run the Peer Support Programme in your school.